Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Frank Mason waived

• sasnak
  • sasnak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23214 by sasnak

It'll feel better when it stops hurting
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 9 months ago #23216 by porthawk
And in classic Frank Mason fashion, his comments were classy and showed such great maturity.

On separate, but related note, what does it mean to be waived, exactly? It seems they don't have to pay him his salary now? Can you only waive players who do not have guaranteed contracts? Or can you waive a player with a guaranteed contract, but you still owe them the money. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23218 by Wheatstate Gal
Amen, Brother Port. He’ll ALWAYS be #BIFM to me. (No one ever accused me of being classy!). But classy and mature, he is!!!!

Wherever you go, whatever you do......we’ll be watching and cheering you, Frank!

Once a Jayhawk, ALWAYS a Jayhawk! <3

More
4 years 9 months ago #23221 by murphyslaw
He has a permanent place in our hearts!

What disturbs me, and I have little to back this up, is that the Kings didn't put him to good and constant use. Jacgue Vaughn comes to mind, for I have always believed the worst thing that could have happened to him was to be drafted by the Jazz. The situations may be different, but the careless way Frank was utilized is similar, I think.

May the perfect team recognize his worth, snatch him up, and let him become what he was meant to be, a STAR!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23222 by Wheatstate Gal
D’Andre Fox was drafted as the Kings’ Lord and Savior. I think that’s his name.

For whatever reason I cannot recall, Frank started off his rookie season playing, he hurt his foot, and D’Andre tried to get his “footing”. Recall, Frank was a 4 year college player, D’Andre was a 12 year old, skinny one and done from someplace (KY, Puke, UNC?).

The kings drafted D’Andre to be the franchise player.....I do believe he is growing into a fine player....although I don’t follow, nor do I care.

I hope frank finds his spot....here or overseas.....and has a long, lucrative career. I’m proud of him regardless.

My Brother Bay may have a better, more detailed perspective than me regarding Fox v #BIFM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #23224 by porthawk
Murph and Wheatie, I agree with you guys, but IMHO this statement, from the original article linked by sasnak, is the main reason for his dip in play (in addition to the Fox kid):

He significantly struggled shooting beyond the arc, making only 21.9 percent of his 3-pointers last year.

He shot a very accurate 47% as a senior. He always had a shot/release on the slow side, so that, combined with being 5'11" is what contributed to his 3-point shooting decline.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 9 months ago #23225 by Wheatstate Gal
5’11”

Really?

;-)

Thanks, Port.