Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Moss commits to KU

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago #23027 by HawkErrant
"After evaluating all my options, I have decided to commit to the University of Kansas! #RCJH"

Welcome, Isaiah!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, murphyslaw, DrJHawker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 10 months ago #23029 by HawkErrant
Can't call KU rolling stones -- got Moss.B)

(I'm sure Jagger and Richards are relieved... :woohoo:)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
4 years 10 months ago #23031 by NotOstertag
Nice. 3 year veteran at Iowa. Shot 42% from 3 last year. Great pickup: quality player and fills a gap that needed filling.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 10 months ago #23032 by HawkErrant
From Iowa 2018-19 Men's Basketball Roster: Isaiah Moss

2018-19 Honors – Shared the team’s Most Improved Player Award with classmate Ryan Kriener. 2018-19 – Started all 35 games… ranked fifth on the team in scoring (9.2), second in steals (32), and fourth in assists (62)… netted double figures 15 times, including scoring 15 points or more eight times… led team in steals nine times and assists five times… made four 3-pointers or more five times… ranked fourth in the Big Ten in 3-point field goal percentage (.421, 48-of-114)… his 42.1 percentage from 3-point range ranks sixth best by an Iowa junior in school history… recorded first career double-double (12 points, 10 rebounds) and added five assists in home win over Nebraska… posted second career double-double (12 points, 10 rebounds) against Maryland… scored 18 first-half points en route to 20 points with four 3-pointers made in win over Iowa State… drained 5-of-6 three-pointers, netting a then season-best 21 points, while tying a career-high six assists with zero turnovers versus Illinois… netted a season-best 23 points on a career-best six 3-point field goals made at Minnesota… tallied 16 points against #6 Tennessee in the second round of the NCAA Tournament… letterwinner.
=========================================================

Solid pickup. I think SG is his unless/until Ochai or someone else beats him out of the starting job.
Either way, it's all good for KU.

The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw

More
4 years 10 months ago #23033 by CorpusJayhawk
I agree HE, I think we just got our starting SG. Of course, there will be incredible competition for minutes in the KU backcourt this season as it stands. If Wilson commits, we will have a wealth of riches in the backcourt. My best guess is Moss starts at DG and likely Garrett at the 3. But as I have posted, I think Enaruna my end up being the anti-Grimes in that he will be a big positive surprise. Of course, Wilson may end up being the guy that starts at the 3 or even Agbaji. What a deep bench we will have. But I would trade a deep bench for a super top 7 or 8. I think we may also have a super top 7 or 8 as well. My oh my how the 2019-20 fortunes of KU have waxed and waned over the last 75 days.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, HawkErrant, murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 10 months ago #23034 by HawkErrant
Agree, Corpus, next year's team is starting to look like a monster of the like unseen since 2008 (we should be so lucky as fans to see such things!)

Here are some crib notes that former RCBer and current JayhawkSlant senior writer Shay Wildeboor posted on a discussion he had with Moss after the commitment...

EXCERPT

-- just committed and decided this morning

-- putting up 500 shots day

-- wants to bring his deep shooting and
perimeter defense!!! (emphasis mine - HE)

-- once scored 19 points in 96 seconds

-- is really good friends with the older brother of Devon Dotson
(guess it didn't hurt, huh? - HE)

More
4 years 10 months ago #23035 by bklynhawk
Jordan Poole (starting Michigan wing...) comment on Isaiah Moss...

The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, DrJHawker

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 10 months ago #23036 by HawkErrant
bklynhawk et al, here's the rest of the Poole answer from the 24 May 2019 tweet by Scott Bordelon:
Michigan guard Jordan Poole was asked who the toughest player he faced during the 2018-19 season was. His response was Isaiah Moss, who committed to Arkansas last week

Also, here is KU Athletics on Moss commitment

The following user(s) said Thank You: DrJHawker

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #23037 by DrJHawker
I'd not seen this. Thanks for the post. That's outstanding! Got some of the outside shooting we desperately need. Appears to be a great pick up for 2019-2020. We keep getting better.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DrJHawker.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 10 months ago #23039 by konza63
VERY nice pickup. Slowly but surely, Self and the crew are filling all the key holes. I think we would likely be VERY good with what we have right now. But if we add Wilson as well, whoa, Nellie! :-) The competition will be fierce, but we will have an incredible rotation and a nice, deep bench.

Great day to be a Jayhawk fan!

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.