Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Freaky Friday

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #23014 by HawkErrant
Take time to finish a book, hit the Lawrence Public Library to return it and pick up the first Inspector Morse DVD, come home and trim and mow the yard in preparation for the weekend, then sit down with a Bass ale (or two) and my iPhone on a Friday afternoon to check in on wazzup widda Jayhawks and waddaifind?

Jalen Wilson: looks like he will be announcing his choice this Tuesday morning on ESPN’s Get Up! Now I’m sure you agree with me that the vibe from that information is *all* wrong after the BS his buddy RJ Hampton pulled. However, keeping in mind that (1) growing up he was a big fan of the Jayhawks (loved the MMs) and that (2) KU was his second choice until Beilein left for the NBA *and* that (3) new Michigan coach Juwan Howard never got the chance to meet with Jalen, you sorta gotta like KU’s chances. I know that all the gurus — and the Rivals writer for the tarred ones’ site — are projecting Keep U.

But, but you ask, why should that make me title this post “Freaky Friday”?

Fair question.

By itself, Wilson’s announcement does not. But this was the kicker —

Former Iowa grad transfer SG Isaiah Moss, who committed to Arkansas 3 weeks ago after KU did not make him an offer, decommitted today and is back on the board... and word is his destination is Mount Oread!
Here’s a good recap of what is happening and what Isaiah can bring to the mix.

So... after the Hampton fiasco, what else has happened to change Self’s mind about Moss? Perhaps he is not so sure the KU 2020 SG target Kyree Walker will be able to reclassify to 2019 in time to join KU in December? Or that Walker would even pick KU?

Inquiring minds want to know!

3 rides left.
Need trey shooters.
Moss is good (42%, better each season)
Have read Wilson is okay from 3.
Add Project (Process?) Josaphat Bilau and prep for Late Night!

NB: Jeff Goodman says if KU lands both Wilson and Moss he will be moving the Jayhawks ahead of Michigan St for preseason #1.

Fingers crossed, my fellow C&B feathered friends!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by HawkErrant. Reason: Fixed Moss Trey % info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, Bayhawk, boulderhawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.