Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU noncon schedule set for AY2019-20

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago #22973 by HawkErrant
Kansas to face another tough nonconference slate in 2019-20

Kansas Men's Basketball 2018-19 Nonconference Schedule (home games in ALL CAPS)
Oct. 24 (Thursday) – FORT HAYS STATE (EXHIBITION)
Oct. 31 (Thursday) – PITTSBURG STATE (EXHIBITION)
Nov. 5 (Tuesday) – Duke (New York, N.Y., Champions Classic)
Nov. 8 (Friday) – UNC GREENSBORO
Nov. 15 (Friday) – MONMOUTH
Nov. 19 (Tuesday) – EAST TENNESSEE STATE (Maui Jim Maui Invitational home contest)
Nov. 25 (Monday) – Maui Jim Maui Invitational
Nov. 26 (Tuesday) – Maui Jim Maui Invitational
Nov. 27 (Wednesday) – Maui Jim Maui Invitational
Dec. 7 (Saturday) – COLORADO
Dec. 10 (Tuesday) – UW-MILWAUKEE
Dec. 14 (Saturday) – UMKC (Kansas City, Mo., Jayhawk Shootout)
Dec. 21 (Saturday) – at Villanova (Big East Series)
Dec. 29 (Sunday) – at Stanford
Jan. 25 (Saturday) – Big 12/SEC Challenge (Lawrence, Kan.)
March 11-14 – Big 12 Championship (Kansas City, Mo.)

2020 NCAA Tournament Dates and Sites
March 15 – Selection Sunday
March 17-18 – First Four (Dayton, Ohio)
March 19 & 21 – First/Second Rounds (Albany, N.Y.; Spokane, Wash.; St. Louis, Mo.; Tampa, Fla.)
March 20 & 22 – First/Second Rounds (Greensboro, N.C.; Omaha, Neb.; Sacramento, Calif.; Cleveland, Ohio)
March 26 & 28 – Regional (Midwest at Indianapolis, Ind.; West at Los Angeles, Calif.)
March 27 & 29 – Regional (South at Houston, Texas; East at New York, N.Y.)
April 4 & 6 – Final Four (Atlanta, Ga.)

ARTICLE EXCERPTS
Kansas could potentially play seven schools from Power 5 conferences. Add to that another battle with national foe Villanova in the Big 12-Big East Challenge, a to-be-determined opponent in the Big 12/SEC Challenge, plus the always tough Big 12 slate, and the Jayhawks are once again set up for one of the hardest schedules in the nation for this upcoming season.

In 2018-19, the NCAA Evaluation Tool ("NET") showed that the Jayhawks endured the strongest schedule in the nation among the 353 teams in Division I. Kansas' opponents last season had an average NET ranking of 54th, a figure that led the nation.

Referring to the NCAA's measurement before the NET, for the last 10 seasons Kansas has ranked no lower than fifth nationally in the final Ratings Percentage Index (RPI), which included a No. 4 rating following the 2018-19 season. Three of those times – 2010, 2011 and 2016 – the Jayhawks had the nation's No. 1 RPI.

KU's strength of schedule has ranked in the top 10 in nine of Bill Self's 16 seasons. During that span, KU has had the nation's toughest schedule four times: 2004-05, 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2018-19.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.