Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Grad transfers and KU recruiting strategies?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #22967 by HawkErrant
Former Michigan commit Jalen Wilson has finished his KU visit, next up Chapel Hill. He also is still thinking about staying with Michigan since they hired Juwan Howard as new HC.

Now we learn that 3* big Josaphat Bilau is looking to visit.

And there is still background radiation on Rivals 2020 5* SG Kyree Walker reclassifying after summer in time for the fall term, and that KU is high on his list if he does.

I’d love to see KU get all 3, but the likelihood is closer to 1 or 2 of them choose KU, and I’ve read Walker being able to reclassify is going to be very close.

So KU arguably still needs another SG who can hit treys, and grad transfers Jaevin Cumberland and Donte Fitzpatrick-Dorsey, both proven near 40% trey makers, are still available at this relatively late stage in the recruiting season.

With 3 rides open, if there is no KU interest (yet?) in Jaevin or Donte, it is possible that KU is looking at only one opening with hopes to land both Wilson (a needed 3) and Walker (a needed 2), and wants to use it for a future big (Bilau) since we are sure to lose Dok and Mitch and possibly Silvio after next year.

I have read nothing negative on either Jaevin or Donte that would explain their still being available this late in the game, so I’m thinking forum talk may be right about them thinking they may have a better option in the very near future.

All I am certain of is I’ll be glad when KU has finished recruiting for this fall.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boulderhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.