Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

OT: Lawrence & NE KS/KC Metro tornado

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago #22909 by HawkErrant
Storm passed thru SW-SE Lawrence around 6:30 this evening. Hearing reports of some damage on county roads south of town, some homes there destroyed.

US59 S of Lawrence is closed right now due to traffic damage.

Most of damage is S of Lawrence outside of city limits, in Douglas Co. Still homes damaged there. 8000 in Douglas Co w/o power.

Am hearing town of Linwood east of Eudora took a direct hit.

Storm is past KC Metro now, went right over Legends and the big I435 interchange there., moving into MO.

Just cancelled the warning for Wyandotte Co in KS and Platte Co in MO, brunt of storm is now east of the KC metro.

Not aware of any fatalities or injuries reported as I write this.

Will update as I learn more.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, LadyHawk, murphyslaw, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 10 months ago #22913 by HawkErrant
www2.ljworld.com/news/public-safety/2019...ough-douglas-county/

All in all, it could have been lots worse.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, jaythawk1

More
4 years 10 months ago #22920 by hoshi
Two of my wife’s friends had their homes and cars totaled but both had safe rooms, which they used. Both were on the south side of town. Living near campus, we and our daughter and her family only got rain andlittle wind. Delivered Meals on Wheels today and saw only a little tree damage in the area I was delivering in, but there was one house where a large branch totaled a car in a driveway. The KU campus was untouched. If any of you remember the Pendleton’s, their farm and greenhouses were totally destroyed. Karen mentioned that they were going to have a sale on green tomatoes. If you have seen photographs of the tornado, an F4, River City is one lucky town..

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits”. Albert Einstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, hairyhawk