Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

RJ Hampton to Australia

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 9 months ago #22899 by HawkErrant
Best of luck to him

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 9 months ago #22900 by NotOstertag
While I would have loved to have gotten him, I'm not too disappointed. Reading his comments he has zero interest in school and sounds like he wants to live a "pro" lifestyle. I wish more kids with that attitude would skip college.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, wchawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

More
4 years 9 months ago #22901 by AZhawk87
You're right NotO. He unabashedly said what many other OADs likely feel - no interest in college and the headache of classes. I just want to play and get ready for the draft. College hoops got a little bit better today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

More
4 years 9 months ago #22902 by hairyhawk
I just want to add my concur to everyone else on the thread. If he has no interest in going to school he should not go to college. A system that makes these kids who have no interest in school go to college as the best avenue to become an NBA player is broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
4 years 9 months ago #22903 by NotOstertag
For what it's worth, he was asked where he would have enrolled if he had decided to go to school, and he picked Kansas.

Not sure that counts for much.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 9 months ago #22905 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: For what it's worth, he was asked where he would have enrolled if he had decided to go to school, and he picked Kansas.

Not sure that counts for much.

Hopefully it helps us with his BFF Jalen Wilson (Rivals #47 6-8/210 SF), visiting this weekend and who most gurus favor to pick KU over at least the tarred ones and his original school Michigan.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 9 months ago #22910 by murphyslaw
I'm not happy with the pre-hoopla. Why bother when I'll bet his mind was made up well before today? Seems a bit arrogant to me......
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant