Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

On the positive side of the balance sheet for today...

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago #22810 by HawkErrant
JayhawkSlant senior writer Shay Wildeboor reports that recruiting guru prognostications as of a little after noon today (Saturday May 11) are as follows:

83% predicting Rivals 2019 #6/5* PG RJ Hampton to KU

43% to KU (with the last 3 predictions for KU, including the Memphis insider analyst changing his pick from once leading Memphis to KU) for Rivals 2019 #17/5* PF Precious Achiuwa.

BTW, thank Anna for the JayhawkSlant info I report here. She renews my JayhawkSlant subscription every year when my birthday rolls around.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 11 months ago #22811 by CorpusJayhawk
The impending apparent loss of Silvio is more upsetting from a personal standpoint for Silvio than it is for potential for the team next season, at least if we get Precious. The biggest issue for next year’s team is the return of Dotson. Right behind that is landing RJ Hampton and third is landing Precious. If we get all three we will be a serious competitor for the Final Four (assuming everyone stays healthy). Dotson and Udoka are known commodities and are both clearly in the top 5 or 10 in the country at their position. If RJ lives up to the hype, he is likely one of the top 5 or 10 SG’s in the country. If Precious comes, he will certainly be in the top 20 PF. Ochai would likely be the 5th starter and he is certainly a solid 5th man at the wing. I would say a bench of McCormack, Garrett, Enaruna, Lightfoot, McBride and Braun looks very solid and would have to be considered a top 10 bench. We will not be a runaway favorite for anything but should be pretty well situated to be very competitive. Let’s hope we land Precious and Hampton. The other possibility that would likely bump us up another notch is if we landed Rayjon Tucker. He would likely slot into the wing and Ochai would further strengthen our bench. If we do not land Precious, look for Self to go back to the 4 guard lineup if Tucker comes since Enaruna seems to have the ability to play on the perimeter. If Precious does not come, and Tucker does, we could have Dotson, Hampton, Agbaji and Tucker running a 4 guard set with Azubuike and Enaruna, McCormack and Garrett the three key bench players.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago #22813 by HawkErrant
Agreed on all points.

And I would note that the need to land Precious if Silvio is once again disappointed just became even more important with the news that Tech just go better with the commitment of grad transfer TJ Holyfield. I had really hoped TJ would go with the Illini if KU didn't get him. Things were looking good for that, too, as Beard had filled all 7 of his openings, but then yesterday Tech's 6-10 sophomore forward Malik Ondigo announced his intention to put his name in the transfer portal, giving Beard an 8th opening (how about that, eh, sports fans?) and POUNCE... Holyfield is on board! I really believe the young man is going to be a bear against us next season.

Come on Precious, RJ and Rayjon!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"