Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Silvio tweet 10:55 AM May 8 (and more later...)

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #22788 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
4 years 11 months ago #22790 by konza63
Crossing my fingers and toes, praying, lying prostate to the basketball gods, layering on 7 KU winner t-shirts, sacrificing a Puke, ConTucky, and TarHole bobblehead at the altar, doing a Native American blue-chip recruitment (returnee) dance...

Did I miss anything? :-)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, KMT

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #22793 by HawkErrant
After 9 PM, no follow up specifying what he was tweeting about.

Could be because grad transfer Rayjon Tucker is now following the Jayhawks, but shows nothing in his Twitter account regarding following Auburn, who was considered the front runner before Tucker’s KU visit this past weekend.

Could be because he and Q got invitations to work out with the Atlanta Hawks.

Could be because it’s dead week, and he’s ready for finals next week.

What it DOESN’T seem to be about is his appeal, as I’d think we’d have heard something today/tonight if it was.

Only he — and maybe his fellow tweeting teammates (Lightfoot, Teahan and Dotson last I checked) — knows for sure,

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KMT

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 11 months ago #22805 by HawkErrant
It's now after 7PM on Friday May 10, and the NCAA has yet to release the appeal decision. That is three calendar weeks, but arguably not 21 work days.1

From Silvio's tweets in the last few days, including one tonight (now deleted I'm told, but nothing is ever truly lost in cyberspace if you or your friends know enough), he seems certain he will be playing for KU next season.

Here's hoping this is not going to end in another NCAA dishpan full of water in his face.

1 Every time I read an NCAA bylaw or policy stating a recommended time frame (never called a "deadline", I've noted), I assume -- unless the language specifically indicates otherwise -- that "7 days" or "1 week" means 7 work (week) days, or at least 9 calendar days (5 weekdays, 2 weekend days and 2 more weekdays minimum).

That makes "3 weeks" actually equal to 21 work (week) days. In Silvio's case, as his appeal was received on Thursday April 18, making Friday April 19 Day 1, 21 work (week) days works out to next Friday, May 17.

Again, love to see them publish the results sooner and prove me wrong.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, newtonhawk