Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Question on Scholarships

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #22771 by CorpusJayhawk
I have a question on what happens to scholarships when a player declares for the draft but reserves the right to return. Given the number of scholarships KU has available this year this situation will likely not be an issue but say a school has limited scholarships available. When a player declares, is the school required to keep that scholarship available for that player or could they theoretically recruit over that player. As I said, this will not be an issue for KU this year with the large number of scholarships available. But say Self was fortunate to get RJ Hampton, Rayjohn Tucker, Enanumura (sp) Precious and perhaps someone else filling all the scholarships. Then Grimes says he wants to return. Is KU required to open a scholarship for him?

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.