Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Welcome to The Doldrums

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago #22768 by HawkErrant
Recruiting and NCAA doldrums, that is.

With no decision yet on Silvio’s appeal, this usually slow period seems even slower. Many undecided recruits, HS and transfer, are waiting to see who stays and who remains in the NBA Draft before deciding. That’s business as usual.

But the NCAA delaying a Silvio decision, when he is on record that “Yes, he stays, but no he goes”, is an additional factor for recruits like grad transfer TJ Holyfield, who wants to star in his last season in school.

Although NCAA guidelines (note “guidelines”, not “deadlines”) indicate that the decision should be made NLT May 17 (21 business days after receipt of the appeal), more and more people are pessimistically believing there won’t be a decision until after the deadline for Silvio to withdraw from the draft and retain his eligibility (May 29) has passed.

I remain hopeful we will hear something by May 17, preferably this week, but my reserve of hope is running low.

In the meantime, hopefully KU will get soon get good news from weekend visitor SG Rayjon Tucker (called by some gurus the best grad transfer in the portal this year). He has indicated he will make his decision in about a week.

Until then... summer books and impatiently waiting for the next Game of Thrones episode... and, for that matter, for George R.R. Martin to finish book 6 so he can get the book 7 series finale published. It’s been 8 years (it’s a Monday, so I’ll specify — 2011) since the publication of book 5 “A Dance With Dragons”. Come on, George, finish your masterpiece!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.