Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

AZ HC Sean Miller — dead coach walking

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago #22752 by HawkErrant
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...-10k-per-month-ayton

This is not hearsay. This is eyewitness testimony from a trusted assistant with first hand knowledge of the events in question.

Methinks (1) Miller won’t be back this fall, (2)UofA 2017-18 season is vacated and (3) UofA hit with significant lack of institutional control penalties... scholarships, postseason ban...

Boom! Boom! Out go the lights!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Bayhawk, jayhawk969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #22755 by Wheatstate Gal
EEEEEEK!

I don’t give a poopies about AZ!

But, man, this makes my stomach hurt.

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 11 months ago #22756 by HawkErrant
Just hoping for a little eyewash, Wheaty.

Let the evil Powers That Be focus on Tucson instead of Lawrence for a while.

After what they did to Silvio, if they don't come down hard on Miller and UofA, ooooh the bad optics!

Just would like to get some wiretap stuff on Poach K and his "squeaky clean" program as well to force the NCAA to really step enforcement up* or back off and do a complete -- IMPROVED -- rewrite of the rules (no more stuff like the Cam Newton rule fiasco).

*Would anyone pay attention if Puke got zapped and then made a stink about the UNC ruling?? And what would the NCAA do then? Hmmmm....

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 11 months ago #22761 by AZhawk87
I was always skeptical about Sean Miller and his recruiting. AZ was almost a dead program after Lute Olson left. Miller comes in and immediately is nabbing 5 star recruits. He didn't even produce great success on the court, but kept getting big time recruits.

Next season he has the top recruiting class in the country - for now anyway.

• HawkErrant
More
4 years 11 months ago #22762 by HawkErrant
I know this conversation focuses on the schools, but I’m sure he is asking the NCAA the same thing.