Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Tait: NBA and G League Combine invitations

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #22728 by HawkErrant
KUSports.com - Tait: Devon Dotson among 4 Jayhawks to earn NBA combine invitations

Article title is a bit misleading as Silvio's invite was to the G League combine held "in Chicago May 12-14, during the three days leading up to the main event."

Dotson, D Lawson and Grimes got NBA Combine invites (May 14-19 in Chicago aftre the G League Combine).

Compete list of invitations has yet to be released by NBA.

Wish them all good fortune, hope to see both Dotson and De Sousa back in C&B.
(Hey, NCAA... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick...)

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
4 years 11 months ago #22739 by NotOstertag
Lawson or is there are Lawrence I don't know about? :)

Ok, time to read between the lines:

Silvio to the G-League (not the main event) - could this mean that the NBA knows that he'll probably get reinstated so they don't want to waste as spot on him in the big show?

Kind of amazed that Grimes got an invite.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
4 years 11 months ago #22740 by HawkErrant
Lawson, of course. Fixed it, thanks.

(DYAC!)

Don’t know about your SDS query. May just be they figure they’ll need to see more before accurately rating him?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
4 years 11 months ago #22742 by NotOstertag
I also imagine that it's the same scouts in a lot of cases, and if somebody like SDS just lit up the G-League combine, he might get drafted.

If you're a team looking in the 2nd round and want a particular type of player and a G-combine guy caught your eye, I can't imagine that it would stop a team from getting him.

I don't remember a G-League combine in the past, so it appears that maybe the NBA recognized that they'd have even more guys coming out this year and so they started a 2nd combine. Seems like they're using the G-combine to tell a guy "we're very interested, but probably not this year" vs. "we're very interested".

Smart strategy actually.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant