Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Two players transferring out of West Virginia

• porthawk
  • porthawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #22656 by porthawk
Two major contributors -- Lamont West (#9) and James Bolden (#16). Huggins is still there so I wonder what the issue is.

And Cameron Lard from Iowa St (a major contributor there) is transferring out, as well.

College basketball transfer rankings for 2019-20 and 2020-21 (ESPN)
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/sto...ings-2019-20-2020-21
Last Edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by porthawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #22660 by NotOstertag
I know that Huggy had some discipline issues with a couple guys this year, with one kid getting kicked off the team in the early part of the year and not being allowed to practice until the season was close to starting. Bolden hasn't played since late January, but I'm not sure if that was due to injury or something else.

Bottom line, there were a lot of off the court issues with WVU heading into this year, and to his credit, it appears Huggy didn't tolerate nonsense.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #22662 by HawkErrant
From last year's team there are actually 7 major losses as of today. TWO players kicked off the team, FOUR players transferring and one declaring for the NBA draft.

Forwards Esa Ahmad (the only senior on the team last year) and Wesley Harris (a junior and a top defender) were kicked off the team back in February for undisclosed team violations.

Transferring out after the season are forwards Lamont West (RS Jr to Missouri State) and Andrew Gordon and guards James “Beetle” Bolden (RS Jr to Alabama) and Trey Doomes (Fr),

Add in that today it was announced that forward and WVU all-time shot blocker Sagaba Konate (Jr) declared for the NBA draft and Huggins has a lot of ground to make up for next year.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 weeks ago #22664 by Wheatstate Gal
That grass over there ain’t always greener is it? Eek!