Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Silvio declares, will come back if appeal granted

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 4 days ago #22637 by HawkErrant
www2.kusports.com/news/2019/apr/19/silvi...aft-will-return-ku-/

His attorney says NCAA decision could come as early as next week.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayhawk969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 days ago #22639 by JoJoHawk
NCAA will sit on this until after point of no return! Gutless wonders.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 days ago #22640 by Wheatstate Gal
Silvio, I hardly knew ye.

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 3 days ago #22641 by HawkErrant

JoJoHawk wrote: NCAA will sit on this until after point of no return! Gutless wonders.

According to NCAA bylaws the Student Athlete Reinstatement Committee has either 7 days or 3 weeks (depending on the type of appeal) to render its decision on the appeal once it has been formally received. That works out to having a decision by either two Tuesdays from now (allowing for 7 business days) or by May 17.

Note that Silvio’s attorney is expecting a decision by the end of next week.

Also note that May 29 is the NCAA deadline to withdraw from the draft.

And to be fair, almost all of the “drag time” we have seen in recent cases with the NCAA (e.g., both Silvio and Billy Preston) was due to KU efforts. Once KU formally filed its requests the NCAA has been meeting its bylaw requirements.

Not being supportive of the NCAA here, trying to ensure an objective perspective is kept, at least as far as process times. On outcomes the NCAA has definitely been a bunch of );(::($s.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, wardhawk

More
5 years 1 day ago #22652 by NotOstertag
Hope you're right HE, because my gut reaction was the same as JoJo.

I have exactly zero trust in the NCAA and know that for every rule in the rulebook there's also some kind of 'exception' or loophole that the people charged with enforcing the rules can pull out of their hat.

Fingers crossed.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 1 day ago #22655 by HawkErrant
I hear ya, NotO. There are always exceptions. Basing my stance on the comments by Silvio’s attorney that he expects the decision this week.

I also have fingers crossed... and wish we had an emoji built into the RCB programming.:dry: