Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Banquet was tonight

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 days ago #22619 by HawkErrant
Here Is a summary of Shay Wildeboor’s highlights from tonight’s year end banquet.

KU AD Jeff Long and HCBS made it perfectly clear that Self will be around for a very long time and has no plans to leave KU. After the Chicago Bulls rumors started, Self called the administration and made it clear that he wasn’t leaving for that or any other job. He plans to be KUHC for a very long time.

Shay doesn’t know what Devon Dotson is going to do, but believes DD will gather as much information as possible and, following that feedback, will decide to return to Kansas for his sophomore year. Quote: “I’ll be somewhat shocked and surprised if Dotson isn’t running the point guard for Kansas next season.”

Shay thinks Udoka Azubuike will be back for his senior year. Dok’s wrist was still wrapped tonight, so whether or not he’s able to do anything on the basketball court seems questionable at this time. Self saying "Dok, whatever you decide to do, you’ve got us, no matter what. Love ya." is insightful regarding the current uncertainty Dok is facing.

Silvio De Sousa. No guarantees, Self hopes that he can play next year and they will continue to fight for him. Self said that it might be best for De Sousa to declare for feedback, but Silvio needs another year of college basketball under his belt to really prepare for the next level.

Self didn’t seem one bit concerned or worried about recruiting or next year. He was quite confident when talking about recruiting and moving forward.

NB: 10:59 PM this Sunday is the deadline to declare for the NBA draft.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk, boulderhawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.