Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Recruits should listen to Dedric

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 1 week ago #22518 by HawkErrant
“KU was definitely the best experience I had in my collegiate career,” Lawson told the Journal-World during a Monday afternoon phone call from Los Angeles about five hours after announcing his intentions to declare for the NBA Draft on Twitter. “The fans supported me 1,000 percent. They came to away games, they packed Allen Fieldhouse every single night. KU is an awesome place to play. Everyone should go there. I mean, I know you only get 13 scholarships, but KU is the best place to be to help jumpstart your career and develop as a player and as a person, as well.”

“Man, just being disciplined,” he said when asked what area he improved the most. “You take things for granted sometimes and at KU I realized you have to take care of your body and get proper rest and understand how to compete. It’s more mental than anything. You just really learn how to go out there and play at a high level and how to play the right way.”

Preach it, Dedric! Tell our recruits!

KUSports.com - Matt Tait: D Lawson eager to utilize skills gained at Kansas to carve out NBA career

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.