Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Dedric makes it official— NBA draft

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #22499 by HawkErrant
JayhawkSlant’s Shay Wildeboor just reported DL tweeting he’s pursuing his dream
JayhawkSlant post (paysite)

Of note is that Matt Tait pointed out at the end of an article yesterday that new NCAA rules allow a player to hire an agent in prep for the NBA Draft and still return to school as long as certain conditions are met (see the article for details). I don’t feel this will be an issue for Dedric as I don’t expect him to return, but it’s definitely a good thing for the guys testing the waters,

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by HawkErrant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, gorillahawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22502 by NotOstertag
Not a surprise especially after KJ's announcement. The next big question is Dok. Tait is also reporting that he think's the odds are leaning toward him leaving too.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #22504 by Wheatstate Gal
I wish these young men the absolute best with their lives and careers.

Just because I don’t like the NBA game, doesn’t mean that young men shouldn’t pursue their lifelong dreams.

Good luck, Dedric.....make us proud, young man!

On another note, I read a headline that this year’s national championship game will be a hard nosed defensive battle and might not be particularly entertaining game for the “casual college basketball viewer.”

I know I’ve posted this before, but my disdain for the NBA games comes from my beloved Uncle Walt who often said:

Put 100 points apiece on the scoreboard, 2 minutes on the clock, toss a ball onto the court and let them play!

I think my need for a regular snickers is genetic. I just can’t help it! :-D
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Wheatstate Gal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22507 by konza63
He’s a good kid who this fan and alum will always remember fondly. If it weren’t for him, I don’t even know if we would’ve made the Dance this year. He carried us all the way.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22512 by Wheatstate Gal
So correct, K63.

I was worried at first about these 2...bad mouthing Coach Tubby Smith (good lord, I’m glad that’s NOT my nickname!); accused of skipping out on a bar tab.....

True to form.....my worries were for naught!