Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Question

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22317 by Wheatstate Gal
Maybe you all have discussed this and I missed it. With my luck, HE has this in one of his pinned topics and I missed it.....I’ve been known to do that! :huh:

Do we have any realistic expectations of landing any remaining recruits? Like Precious....I know there are more, but I can always remember his name!

With the NCAA stuff lurking....will kids take a chance?

Do we need to lose more current players, besides Moore and Vick, for room?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #22329 by HawkErrant
Just updated the pinned recruiting thread for the loss of Moore. Next week Self is sitting down with each of the other players to discuss their plans.

For now we have 1 open scholarship after signing McBride and Braun back in November.

The Jayhawk Slant Hot Board lists these 2 as having HIGH interest in KU.

Top KU target Matthew Hurt (Rivals #7) is still a heavy KU lean per Rivals, although Duke has made up ground according to 247Sports. He will be announcing his decision April 17 19.

G Cassius Stanley (Rivals #33): talk I have heard (and TTBOMK it’s just talk) is that he favors KU, but we are competing with UCLA and Oregon.

Other Slant Hot Board prospects:

PF Precious Achiuwa (Rivals #16) is another target, but UConn seems to be in the lead for him according to 247Sports.

SG Harlond Beverly (Rivals #59) KU is a new player with him, we’ll have to see.

Finally Tristan Enaurana (Rivals #105) is definitely interested. KU’s main competition is Creighton and Miami.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by HawkErrant. Reason: Correct Hurt announcement date
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, jayhawk969, Wheatstate Gal

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22330 by JRhawk
HE - when I pulled up the board this morning, the last post under Basketball was your post in this thread. Even though you updated the recruiting thread title to "AY2018-19 KUMBB Recruiting as of 2019-3-30", the last post for that thread shows Porthawk 3 days 16 hours ago. Which, if I hadn't read your reply to WSG's question, would not have noticed the recruiting thread update.
Also, believe Matthew Hurt will announce on Apr 19th, the day before his birthday.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22331 by Wheatstate Gal
“YOUR” the BEST, HE! Thanks, WSG!

;-)

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22334 by HawkErrant

JRhawk wrote: HE - when I pulled up the board this morning, the last post under Basketball was your post in this thread. Even though you updated the recruiting thread title to "AY2018-19 KUMBB Recruiting as of 2019-3-30", the last post for that thread shows Porthawk 3 days 16 hours ago. Which, if I hadn't read your reply to WSG's question, would not have noticed the recruiting thread update.
Also, believe Matthew Hurt will announce on Apr 19th, the day before his birthday.

Re: the pinned thread -- yeah, I updated the OP late last night, but if I don't put a new post in that specific thread, even just a BTTT one, the only way anyone would notice it would be to either look for a date change in the subject line or a reference to it in another thread such as I did with this one.

Re: Hurt -- yeah, it's April 19. . That was what I first wrote, but when I double checked against a thread on JayhawkSlant Shay Wildeboor told someone the 17th, so that's what I went with, as Shay is seldom wrong. Oh, well... Thanks for the errata!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22343 by konza63
Thanks for always staying on top of the recruiting and so much more on the Board, HE.

You rock! (But we all knew that already)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant