Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

The Jayhawks clearly got a tough draw on their second round game

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22293 by DrJHawker
Auburn didn't just have a great game against Kansas, they are a great team. They easily handled a good North Carolina team tonight. Impressive team, hitting on all cylinders at the right time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22296 by LKF_HAWK
Auburn’s shooting is unbelievable, can’t miss.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #22297 by newtonhawk
You beat me to the draw. I was thinking the same thing.

I believe this should give Jayhawk fans consolation to know that our loss to Auburn was not a fluke. I would also contend that our loss was not totally a lack of effort or of athleticism. True, we had some lapses, but this Auburn team is fast and made a top tier team look pretty bad tonight. The margin of victory was more than in our game. I did not watch tonight, but to score 97 means they shredded the tarred's heels! I know, I know ... Old Roy has not been very defensive minded during his head coaching tenure, but my, oh my. They seem to have gotten whupped!

The Tigers are on the loose and are on a tear!
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63, Governors, DrJHawker

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #22299 by konza63
They are red hot, and were arguably unstoppable moving forward until the unfortunate injury to Okeke. That struck me as almost Archie Marshall-like (both the injury and its incredibly bad timing for Auburn - just like us in '86).

Kentucky gets a HUGE break as a result, because Auburn - with its full stable and on this kind of roll - would’ve taken them to the woodshed, I believe. Maybe Auburn can still rally the wagons? Please, please, please...

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by konza63.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk