Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

"We've gotta sign a couple of athletes..."

• konza63
  • konza63's Avatar Topic Author
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
5 years 4 days ago #22228 by konza63
...obviously that can be difference-makers, that can make plays you can't coach"

Coach gets it, and understands the harsh reality with respect to our current personnel heading into next year.

www2.kusports.com/weblogs/kusportstv/201...-not-do-enough-to-m/

(Video queue mark, around 5:20)

He also makes a great point about Dedric: namely, how Dedric should be more of a 16/8 (PPG/REB) type player than a 20/12 player, but with this cast he did not have such a luxury. He had to be THE guy, instead of a guy who got his within the flow of a more balanced offense and was allowed to make others better as well.

I hope we get DL back next year, because we can build around Dotson and him (and hopefully Dok) with our shooter/athlete recruiting strategy. But honestly, I can't see what DL would have to gain from another year that he didn't already showcase this year. (Just speaking objectively, if I'm in his shoes or thinking like his parents)

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, porthawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.