Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Big game for seeding

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21982 by JoJoHawk
My prediction:
A win over ISU for tourney championship will net Jayhawks a 3 seed in Midwest- Tulsa and KC. Houston under Kelvin Sampson should be a 2 seed.
RCJHKU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 1 month ago #21983 by Bayhawk
Make it so, JoJo!!

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
5 years 1 month ago #21988 by NotOstertag
I don't know enough about the process, but a win certainly is better than a loss. And let's not forget our SOS and resume of teams we've beaten. I think we're out own worst critics at times, but from a neutral viewpoint we have a very strong resume. No, we're not a #1 seed, but our overall season long resume is among the very best.

Still, the best part of winning (if we do) will be the opportunity for ill-informed sportscasters to refer to us as the "Big 12 Champions"...and of course hearing that with a KSU fan in the room would be even better, lol.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21989 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m with you, NotO. Under normal circumstances, I hate the reference of Conference Champions to the tourney winner......but I’ll take it if it succeeds in diminishing the references to KSU.

YES, I can be a “witch”. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

• jaythawk1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • RCJH! e'77, b'77
More
5 years 1 month ago #21991 by jaythawk1
Hey...might be reminiscent to 1988! Let's go Hawks! Best foot forward!

Education Is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence~Robert Frost

More
5 years 1 month ago #21993 by newtonhawk
It seemed significant to me in hearing Self's postgame presser that he made two or three references to tonight's contest as being a really "fun game" with a "fun atmosphere." I am thinking he is using that with the team to loosen them up so they can play with a "free mind."

He also said that in past years he has paid more attention to seeding and location, but is not particularly paying attention this year. I think we are seeing a little different side of the head man with this younger group.

I was particularly interested in his reaction when they were assessed a turnover when DM was standing out of bounds after a WVU made basket ... he handed the ball to Marcus, who proceeded to step out of bounds. The ball was in play when Marcus received it. In the past, Self would have been chewing on them for such a juvenile mistake. I did notice that he put his hand up to his mouth to cover up attempts at lip-reading and said something as the guys were retreating to the bench after that misstep. We are seeing a calmer version this year, due to the youth. I believe there was an article recently that said as much.

More
5 years 1 month ago #21995 by JRhawk
I sincerely hope you are right, JoJo. I would even settle for games in Tulsa.
Also agree with other observations above about HCBS's demeanor. Also, is fairly amazing to see DH's progress and Grimes coming into his own. Could be a fun ride this March Madness.