Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

So you all know we're playing WVU tonight, right?

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21942 by NotOstertag
Funny not to see any mention that #10 seed WVU beat #2 seed Texas Tech last night.

I will say this, Huggy got the guys motivated. Essentially they know that the ONLY way to get to the NCAA is to win the Big 12 Tournament, so they're playing like cornered animals.

That being said, I'd rather take WVU playing their 3rd game in as many nights than Tech. I also think that ISU has a good chance of knocking off KSU. In short, our path to winning this weekend's little tournament got a little easier.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 1 month ago #21947 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: Funny not to see any mention that #10 seed WVU beat #2 seed Texas Tech last night.

I will say this, Huggy got the guys motivated. Essentially they know that the ONLY way to get to the NCAA is to win the Big 12 Tournament, so they're playing like cornered animals.

That being said, I'd rather take WVU playing their 3rd game in as many nights than Tech. I also think that ISU has a good chance of knocking off KSU. In short, our path to winning this weekend's little tournament got a little easier.

I'll agree that I'd take WVU over TT every time this year.

Having said that, WVU is like us in that they are not the same team they were a month ago, and those cornered animals are darn dangerous.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21950 by NotOstertag
Yep. One game at a time. Tech almost came back on them last night, but they locked down and got the W. Kind of the opposite of what we did in Morgantown. Just goes to show you that despite the records, there's a lot of parity in the conference this year. An ISU/WVU final is not out of the question and our guys need to keep that in mind.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 1 month ago #21975 by hairyhawk
I was glad to see WVU rather than TT as was pointed out this was the third day for them and it really hard to maintain that emotion that long. I would disagree on the ISU vs KSU. KSU seams to me to be a much more consistent team and I think we match up with them well. ISU is a team that can really beat anybody even if the other team plays well. They can also lose to anybody. When the shots are falling they are really good. Hopefully we keep getting better.