Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

David McCormack

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21924 by replayloungehawk
I have to say I've been extremely impressed with Big D the last few games. He's really coming on. I like his energy and he has some excellent moves around the basket. Plus he's the guy getting down the court on fast breaks which in crazy to me at his size. That left handed back your man down shot he had was awesome! I sure hope it continues for him!

Rock Chalk!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21927 by NotOstertag
And only TWO FOULS. That's possibly the biggest challenge for freshman bigs and he's figured it out. That doesn't mean he'll NEVER foul out, but there were times last night where he clearly showed restraint, stayed vertical and wasn't baited into going for an ill-advised block attempt.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21931 by murphyslaw
I do think he's going to be a star, and his offense was impressive. Only problem was his defense. We had a nice tho' small lead in the beginning, and I told my friend if Self didn't put Lightfoot in we were going to lose that lead. It quickly became an 11 to 11 tie before Lightfoot went in. We do need his offense, yet I hope he learns from Mitch before the Big Dance. If he does, he will be formidable!
'

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21934 by Wheatstate Gal
Mitch was asked on the post game show last night if he helps David. He smiled and said he advised David, but that David works so hard to make himself better. I believe he said he also gave pointers to Silvio last year, while Silvio was taking off!

What a good thing.....the natural gifts the Big Men come with, suggestions from Mitch, who bleeds crimson and blue. Is that Mitch a gem or what?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21937 by murphyslaw
He is for sure! I admit to being partial to Mitch, but I do think he'll be one we will remember fondly through all the years to come.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21938 by NotOstertag
Mitch is impossible not to like. He bleeds KU and chose to come here because his love for KU outweighed the fact that he could have gotten more PT elsewhere. He's literally living a dream come true playing here, and it shows. Add to that a great attitude and insatiable work ethic, and he's infectious. He's also a VERY good ball player, but lacks the natural gifts to be truly GREAT. That's ok. But that's also why a guy like McCormack will get more minutes.

McCormack's defense is pretty good actually. Mitch might be slightly better, but it's not by much. Mitch just makes it look better since he's more mobile. David alters a lot of shots just being in the right place and staying vertical, but that's not exciting to watch.

The one area where Mitch REALLY excels (and appears to really enjoy himself) is taking charges. He's easily the best on the team at that skill.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot