Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Cole in the house tonight

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Wheatstate Gal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21920 by Wheatstate Gal
Maybe Cole will give Big Dave a hug and some of that Big Man Dance Magic will rub off.

One of my FAVORITE performance memories, Cole handling Tyler in the National Semi!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21921 by JRhawk
Something is sure giving Big Dave some mojo - might as well add a hug from Cole.
I agree 110% about Cole manhandling Tyler (talk about someone being jammed down our throats that year) in the National Semi - I had the good fortune to be in the house that night - my first Final Four - love SA too. Then of course the miracle final against Memphis.
On the flip side of that, I cringe every time I see Shaka Smart - was also in the house at Alamodome for 2011 Elite 8 loss to VCU. Was able to cheer Butler to victory over VCU in National Semi in Houston. However, was expecting to be cheering Jayhawks to another NC that year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21929 by Wheatstate Gal
Nah, JR. I was on my sofa in my jammies (TMI?) watching post game stuff.

OMGOODNESS about being in “San Antone” in ‘08......has your pulse slowed down yet?

Cole had on a really cool tee-shirt......looked like a collage of KU faces, featuring Dr Naismith.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Wheatstate Gal.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21940 by NotOstertag
that UNC game was awesome and I'll never forget it.

Bear with me if I've told this before.

I play the drums and that night the band I was in was scheduled to play at this bar about half an hour from where I live. I set the VCR (pre DVR days) and planned to TRY to follow the game on the bar's TVs, but watch it for real later.

As it turned out, it was a rainy and fairly crappy evening, so there were maybe 15 people in the bar. To make matters worse, they had bands set up in a room next to the bar. In short, we were about to play 3 hours to an empty room. But hey, we're getting paid and the beer is free, so we'll get paid for a rehearsal. I think at various points 2 or 3 people would wander in to watch and then go back to the bar.

The upside of this was that there was no need to "perform" or look at all interested in the music we were playing, so I watched the majority of the game while playing music on a TV alongside the stage. I may or may not have accented certain dunks and shot blocks with drums and cymbals.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21945 by Wheatstate Gal
I’ve not heard this before......I’ll gladly listen to you tell it again and again!

Does your family allow you to have your kit set up during our games? I like the idea of the percussion sound effects.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21949 by NotOstertag
They wouldn't have much say in the matter since both of my kids are off at school and my wife long ago accepted the occasional noise from both my practicing and my outbursts while watching basketball. Nevertheless, both activities are pretty all-encompassing when you're doing them, so I prefer not to multitask.

Plus that drummer that plays with the KU pep band this year has the job VERY WELL covered, he's great.

Then there's this:
. The time Chad Smith from the Red Hot Chili Peppers rocked out with our band.

So at best I'm a distant 3rd place behind these guys.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk