Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Classy KState...NOT!

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21856 by replayloungehawk
I read KState started chanting F KU yesterday. It was in my FB feed and I didn't know how to share it here. However I came across this article when I searched for it. Completely ridiculous! A buddy of mine said he hoped they lose TV time for it.

www.google.com/amp/s/amp.barstoolsports....-and-chanted-fuck-ku
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21857 by Wheatstate Gal
HA HA. We are SOOOOOOOO in their heads.

I’ll talk to them after they garner 14 more championships in a row.

;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21858 by LKF_HAWK
Classless pond scum!!! Sorry that is unfair to pond scum. This is the worst thing about the Streak ending, is that the purple menace, least offensive thing I can say about them, got a title. HCBW no class, Barry brown is a punk and there is not one nice thing to say about purp fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21862 by NotOstertag
Their reign will be short lived, which makes this display of classlessness a little sad, really.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21865 by Wheatstate Gal
That’s IT!

Sad....

Love your tag line, NotO!,,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 2 months ago #21866 by NotOstertag
Thanks! I hope my numbers are accurate. That was the "silver lining" of the end of the streak: undefeated home record means that the "more championships than home losses" thing wasn't hurt.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

More
5 years 2 months ago #21867 by AZhawk87
Without getting into the rivalry thing, and looking objectively at this, isn't it sad how badly they hate anyone or anything KU to act like this? For the President of the University to write an open letter saying how awful it is, and how nationally people were looking at KSt so negatively, and yet they are proud they didn't give in to the pressure to stop doing it, speaks volumes about their inferiority complex about all things KU.

If nothing more than personal pride, and setting an example for the young kids at the game who want to love KSt, it should stop. Why hasn't Weber written his own letter, or grabbed the microphone at a game and told them to stop? That itself speaks volumes about his own hatred for all things Bill Self. He should be embarrassed and ashamed, but alas, we know he's not.

Enjoy your banner, and take pride in having such a good season. It's just a shame you can't make it a positive for the school and your community, instead of just using it to try to claw back at KU so negatively. Just look at TX Tech. I have nothing but kudos and respect for their season, their coach and their players. Well done guys. We're coming at you next season!

KSt folks will never know how we all feel about KU, and the pride and self respect we have for KU and our teams and university community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, replayloungehawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21869 by NotOstertag
I think that's the difference: we expect to win. When that doesn't happen, it's unusual. I'm not just talking about the past 14 years either. Even in other seasons where we've not done as well as we wished, we don't rush the court because we EXPECT to win in our gym, even if the LA Lakers show up.

Any kid who played sports has heard the phrase "act like you've been there before" when it comes to winning. KSU is acting like they are precisely because it's unfamiliar territory to this generation of fans.

Side note: it ALWAYS bugged me when KU would win the regular season but somebody else would win the Big 12 tourney, and the idiots on CBS would refer to the tournament champs as "the Big 12 Champions". While I still really don't care about the Big 12 tournament, it would be great to win it (or have anybody BUT KSU win it) so that the announcers will refer to somebody OTHER than them as the champs, just to drive them crazy.

The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21873 by Wheatstate Gal
AGREE!!!!!

Besides the announcers being morons.....it must be the automatic bid thing. They forget we send more than HALF of our conference to the tournament. Thank goodness.

I still think it mightily stinks that in some less-powerful conferences that the tourney champ gets the bid and not the regular season conference champ......win a season v “hot” for a few games.

Oh well.....if I was in charge.........

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21874 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: Thanks! I hope my numbers are accurate. That was the "silver lining" of the end of the streak: undefeated home record means that the "more championships than home losses" thing wasn't hurt.

Did a quick scan of the seasons from 04 to today and came up with 13 AFH losses under Self

04 - 1 Richmond
05 - 1 ISU
06 - 2 Nevada, KSU
07 - 2 ORU, TAMU
08 - 0
09 - 0
10 - 0
11 - 1 tu
12 - 0
13 - 1 OSU
14 - 1 San Diego St
15 - 0
16 - 0
17 - 1 ISU
18 - 3 OSU, TT, ASU
19 - 0

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21875 by LKF_HAWK
It is just classless that HCBW did not speak out about the fans behavior. If I recall, HCBS spoke to KU fan base about Muck Fizzou and other colorful chants. HCBS took Greene to take, Weber nada for Brown’s antics. I have friends who are KSU fans who fiercely dislike KU, but they are respectful of history and knowledgeable. However, the bulk of the purple menace fan base is boorish, childish and clueless.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21876 by NotOstertag
Thanks HE. Fixed.

Wheaty: couldn't agree more. I hate that a conf tourney champ can unseat a regular season champ. Seems very unfair. Not sure what the fix is. Confs like the $$ that their tourneys bring in, and the only reason they matter is that the winner goes to the NCAA. So I guess the only purpose all those games is just for seeding at the conference tourney? Bleh.