Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Gossiping across the fence with your neighbor

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21854 by HawkErrant

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by HawkErrant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21860 by replayloungehawk
I wonder if that's really the case for Shaka Smart. I bet Texas wishes they had Barnes back now that he's doing as well as he is at Tennessee. I guess sometimes you just need a fresh start. Hard to believe Smart isn't more successful at Texas. He did pretty awesome at VCU. Now Miller being out makes sense.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21861 by NotOstertag
...and of course there's the annual drip about HCBS heading to the NBA.

He denies it of course. Seems that THIS year the rumors are getting new life due to the fact that the streak is over, and KU is under a lot of NCAA heat.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21868 by HawkErrant

NotOstertag wrote: ...and of course there's the annual drip about HCBS heading to the NBA.

He denies it of course. Seems that THIS year the rumors are getting new life due to the fact that the streak is over, and KU is under a lot of NCAA heat.

Self recently said in an interview appreciates the interest but he is not leaving KU any time soon. He says he has never talked with RC Buford re: the Spurs, and he doesn’t think about leaving KU for any other basketball job because it is one of the top 5 basketball jobs at ANY level today. I’ll post the link later if I can find it again.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21870 by Wheatstate Gal
Thanks, hope you find it. I’m sure he doesn’t name the 4 other “best” basketball jobs.

I guess I can think of a few reasons why HCBS might consider moving to the Pros (ugh, I think I just spit up a little bit)....but I cannot imagine trying to wrangle those egos into listening......as long as they are winning, probably OK......Otherwise...oh my.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21871 by NotOstertag
I think I read the exact same article (ESPN, maybe?). It's an annual rumor. You've got new years, bowl games, groundhog day, valentines day, Self leaving KU rumor day, the first day of Spring, and then Easter.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wheatstate Gal