Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Reason to hope

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21842 by JoJoHawk
David McCormack putting up some impressive numbers as he gets more PT. Really an energy guy who moves feet well. Agbaji in a bit of a shooting slump but getting boards and other hustle plays. Q still off and on but also getting some boards and assists to go along with a better shooting percentage. Marcus still stopper on D. I think that if he stays out of foul trouble DMs emergence bodes well for a bit of post-season success. TT is only team in league that really should beat us- while ALL others could. Look to go to final in league tourney. Sweet 16 tops for NCAA - Elite 8 would be an over achievement.
RCJHKU

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21844 by Wheatstate Gal
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again......I’m liking Big Dave VERY much.

The beast is awakening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21845 by HawkErrant

Wheatstate Gal wrote: I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again......I’m liking Big Dave VERY much.

The beast is awakening.

Loving what we are seeing with Big Dave.

The game is slowing down for him, and he is focusing and channeling his energies and efforts much better.

Firing up the Big Mac attack.:woohoo:

My personal characterization (and hope) for him...

The Behemoth awakes.

Definition of behemoth from Merriam-Webster --

1 often capitalized, religion : a mighty animal described in Job 40:15–24 as an example of the power of God
2 : something of monstrous size, power, or appearance

Yeah, baby!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: newtonhawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21850 by HawkErrant

JoJoHawk wrote: David McCormack putting up some impressive numbers as he gets more PT. Really an energy guy who moves feet well. Agbaji in a bit of a shooting slump but getting boards and other hustle plays. Q still off and on but also getting some boards and assists to go along with a better shooting percentage. Marcus still stopper on D. I think that if he stays out of foul trouble DMs emergence bodes well for a bit of post-season success. TT is only team in league that really should beat us- while ALL others could. Look to go to final in league tourney. Sweet 16 tops for NCAA - Elite 8 would be an over achievement.
RCJHKU

I like your thinking that we will get past Texas and Texas Tech to play most likely KState on Saturday. Would be sweet to win the rubber match against all three teams.

www.big12sports.com//attachments1/files/10410/640289.pdf

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
5 years 2 months ago #21864 by NotOstertag
I've liked McCormack from the moment I saw him. One thing that can't be overlooked is how he toned down from a flabby 300 pounder to the beast he is now, and he did it WITHOUT Andrea Hudy. That takes tremendous will power and work, which says a LOT about the kid's work ethic.

He definitely played like a golden retriever puppy early in the year, but he is slowing down now and he's playing very well. I hope things continue in the post season, but I'm REALLY excited to see him play next year and beyond.

Also interested to see what Hudy does with him. He's pretty put together now, so it'll be interesting to see what they work on with him.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, newtonhawk