Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

if they're not

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21778 by Riverhawk
going to play or harder or smarter than this, just get on the bus and go home. Geez. If anyone going to guard someone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• Riverhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21779 by Riverhawk
hmmm, can't type when I'm annoyed.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21780 by JRhawk
RH - very understandable - plenty to be annoyed about. Hopefully KU wakes up before it's too late.

• konza63
  • c'85 Towering toward the Blue
More
5 years 2 months ago #21781 by konza63
That’s it in a nutshell. They are putting out the equivalent energy of a McD game - without all the highlights. I just watched Grimes try to pass the ball through 2 OU guys (like literally). And then JOG back on the other end as 5 white shirts galloped up the floor (eventually making an uncontested layup).

Horrible.

“With kindest regards to Dr. Forrest C. Allen, the father of basketball coaching, from the father of the game.”

1936 inscription on the portrait of Dr. Naismith, displayed above Phog Allen's office desk at KU.

• Riverhawk
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21782 by Riverhawk
how bad this team can look at times.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21788 by LKF_HAWK
This team deserves the title of “Streak” breakers..where was the pride and effort tonight. I think they just phoned it in after outcome of yesterday’s games. Sheesh!

More
5 years 2 months ago #21789 by murphyslaw
Could it be that ending the streak, upon which was placed so much attention, was just too disheartening?

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21793 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m not sure any of them ever gave a hoot about the streak! (Family channel)
Are they even a TEAM? That is, is the name on the back of the jersey more important than KANSAS on the front?
Good question, HE—do they have adequate basketball IQ?
Are they just soft?
Has HCBS lost his ability to coach/get his team prepped for a game.

Sorry, Murph....love ya, Girl.....I’m being harsh, but I’m not sure they ever cared to try to preserve the streak or not. As has been stated here before, other teams have stated “not on my watch”.......not sure I’ve heard this team say anything.

And as long as I’m being a cranky old person, I’m glad LV left. Felt about him like I did Brannen......didn’t ever like him.

Whew! Done....good night all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw

More
5 years 1 month ago #21804 by hairyhawk
I think they are emotionally soft. What I mean by that is when the other teams shots are falling and yours are not it is really easy to get down and then everything you try to do is hard. I think it is a lot harder to stay strong and fight that dragging emotion than we like to acknowledge. We have had players in the past that would not let that happen to them. That is where leadership comes in and it has to be a player. Hopefully these guys can learn to not let that negativity seep into them and affect their play.

More
5 years 1 month ago #21808 by murphyslaw
No offense taken, Wheatie. I was just looking for some reason to explain the pitiful showing. Speaking of players we never liked, my least favorite is Tyshawn. I never saw him indicate "my bad" for his many mistakes and for his frequent passing the ball to...………….NOBODY!

More
5 years 1 month ago #21810 by murphyslaw
My daughter just gave me the perfect explanation for how they played. She said someone must have given them a bunch of money to throw the game!