Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

The "other" streak and NCAA question

• KMT
  • KMT's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21761 by KMT
I'm with the group that the streak, while impressive, was bound to end at some point. Unfortunately, for the current team they will know they were "that" team, but in one sense, I'm glad it was a group of freshmen and transfers versus our seniors who we have had in previous years. Plus, this group, could be the start of a new streak, especially with the dark cloud of the NCAA lurking.

With regards to that other impressive streak we have going - the NCAA tourney streak - I have a question for those wiser out there.

Can* the NCAA really pull the rug out for both streaks by vacating Silvio's games from last year? Silvio wasn't a starter, nor contributed more than 6% in any major stat (rebounds) with most of the other key stats around 2%. While he was an important contributor, the stats do not hold water that the team won because he was on the floor, so how is that even a sane* argument by the NCAA?

*I know I'm talking about the NCAA, but seems so illogical...where again, I know the NCAA defies all logic.

Rock Chalk!
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by KMT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: konza63

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.