Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Bummer or blessing?

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21747 by HawkErrant
Tonight both KSU (at TCU on ESPN2) and Texas Tech (hosting Texas on ESPN) play their next to last regular season conference games.

Both games are on at 8:00 PM CT, and of course I am hoping for two upsets tonight.

On the one hand, it would be nice to be able to watch them both one at a time, not having to go from one to the other.

On the other, having ESPN+ I will have one on the TV and the other on my iPad, so I will only have to spend roughly two hours watching the opposition.

And because they are happening at the same time, neither team gets a possible boost by already knowing the results of the other game before their game starts.

So I guess for me it’s a blessing.

But how about those who want to see both at the same time and don’t have alternatives such as mine?

Sports bar where they can see both? In this weather? To watch the other guys?

I don’t know.

Just hoping for the underdog to come through twice tonight.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, replayloungehawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21748 by JRhawk
No problem for me, will only watch the KSU game - will follow the TT score on another laptop. I take it you haven't looked at Asteroid's projection, as he has TCU a .6 point favorite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21749 by replayloungehawk
I'll probably flip between the two. I am big time hoping for a TCU win. I don't see Texas pulling it off but who knows. I see TT stumbling at ISU but I could be wrong. They could win out. Same with the kitties...

I'll say it again, I'd be fine with with TT winning the league. I think Chris Beard has done an awesome job there. I don't have any respect for Bruce Webber. To me, the weirdest of the mock funeral for Self was enough for me to never want anything good for him LOL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyHawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21751 by NotOstertag
Clearly rooting for Texas and TCU tonight. I think TCU has a better chance than Texas does. KSU has the an easier game on Saturday than KU or Tech, so we really need TCU to get it done tonight. Tech could lose tonight, but if they don't, they'll have a tough test in Ames on Saturday.

Oh, and we need to win the next 2 games too. ;)

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21752 by HawkErrant

JRhawk wrote: No problem for me, will only watch the KSU game - will follow the TT score on another laptop. I take it you haven't looked at Asteroid's projection, as he has TCU a .6 point favorite.

Oh, I saw it, but the way KSU and TT have been playing (IIRC the lost loss by each was to KU), I tend to put less weight on the math models.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: JRhawk, murphyslaw

More
5 years 2 months ago #21753 by JRhawk
I hear you, HE. Interesting that the line was KSU by 2 this morning, now by 1.5. Line is 7.5 for TTU, Asteroid has TTU by 7.4. I was hoping that Roach would be back for UT. Imagine both games will be close.