Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

For the rest of Saturday March 2...

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21712 by HawkErrant
The currently underway Iowa State @Texas game is not going well for the Cyclones (down 59-39 with 12:34 to go as I write this), but it is of little interest to us other than wanting ISU to close out strong with a season finale win at home against Tech.

And OU hosting WVU and leading 59-43 with 11:41 to go is of little interest other than not wanting WVU to upset OU and really tick them off going into Tuesday night's game hosting KANSAS.

Games that are of major interest to us today are:

3 PM CT -- Texas Tech @TCU
7 PM CT - Baylor @KState

Needless to say we want TCU and Baylor to win!

In the meantime, Mrs HE and I are regenerating by watching David Suchet in his masterwork performances as the embodiment of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot. If you like Christie and have enjoyed (or not) the Poirot movies and tv specials with other actors portraying the Belgian supersleuth but not Davis Suchet, Mrs HE and I highly recommend checking out his ITV work as Poirot. Over the course of 13 series (seasons to us Yanks) they covered every Agatha Christie Poirot story, and did so with superb results!

All 13 series are available on Amazon Prime, but sadly are not covered under Prime (i.e. you'll have to pay to watch them even if you are a subscriber). BUT -- your local library may have all 13 series on their shelves, so you can always check them out as well!

So, excuse us while we get ourselves our glasses of tisane and Scotch and settle in with Hercule Poirot, Captain Hastings, Miss Lemon and Chief Inspector Japp of Scotland Yard until it is time for TCU to defend their home court against the Red Raiders.

Until then!

ROCK CHALK!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.