Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

SUHC Boeheim in accident, kills pedestrian

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 2 months ago #21420 by HawkErrant
www.syracuse.com/crime/2019/02/syracuse-...alking-on-i-690.html

Simply sad for all involved.
Boeheim apparently returning home after game in Carrier Dome (ended around 9 PM EST last night). Disabled vehicle in the middle of I-690, people out of the vehicle, raining (temp mid 30s). Boeheim in second of two vehicles that came upon the disabled one, swerved to avoid the disabled vehicle and the first moving vehicle. No alcohol (Boeheim does not imbibe) or other impairment.

Really sad thing is that from report it seems the victim was actually where he should have been, off the highway on the side of the road. Reads as if Boeheim swerved to miss the disabled and first vehicles and the disabled vehicle folks who were still on the highway.

Have to believe he is totally shook up and questioning himself after this.

Condolences to all involved. So, so sad.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.