Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Shhhh...don't tell the NCAA about Wilt

• NotOstertag
  • NotOstertag's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21401 by NotOstertag
A buddy sent me a cool video about a certain Wilt Chamberlain alleging that he actually played pro basketball as a high school player and even had to create an alias of "George Marcus" to get away with it. Oh, yeah, and as a teenager, he dominate even then. Not sure if it's true or not, but at the very least there's some cool footage of Wilt playing, which never gets old to me.

Wilt as a kid-pro

Of course, knowing the NCAA, if they could come after us for this I'm sure they would, but I'm guessing that the statue of limitations has expired.

On a semi-related topic, I've been in several conversations about who's the G.O.A.T. and most people will focus on Jordan, LeBron, or maybe Steph Curry as most people don't have memories of watching Magic, Larry, Kareem or certainly not Wilt play.

When this discussion arises and people look at me sideways for saying Wilt is the greatest ever, and try to say that he wouldn't fare well in the modern game, I point them to this link. Look at this list and tell me how often you see various names. And note that Wilt accomplished all of this without a 3 point line. To me, there's no contest. Wilt was the best ever and you can go ahead and fight it our for runner up.

Highest Single Game, Single Player Scores

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, CorpusJayhawk, Bayhawk, wchawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.