Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KSU @WVU

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 1 month ago #21357 by HawkErrant
30-28 KSU at the half.

Pregame word was Wade was out, but he is playing. WVU starter “Beetle” Bolden is not playing (injury).

Pretty ugly game to watch.
Good thing I’m just second screening on my iPad with ESPN+ while watching a movie with Anna.

Hoping the Mountaineers can, as Corpus wrote, “pull a wildcat out of their hat”.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #21359 by LKF_HAWK
West Virgina thanks for nothing. I am really disliking the kitties, in particular HCBW, Barry Brown and the rest of them.
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by LKF_HAWK.

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 1 month ago #21360 by HawkErrant
KSU won.

Figured they would, but would have been nice.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"

More
5 years 1 month ago #21362 by Illhawk
One way to go broke wagering is to count on bad teams to do good things. Huggy ain't got the horses. Unless we have a magic weekend against TT and KSU the Hawks debacle in Morgantown will cost us the streak

More
5 years 1 month ago #21364 by CorpusJayhawk
The loss to West Virginia in Morgantown may indeed, be the straw that broke the Jayhawks back. It was a terrible loss by any standard. We were a 13.5 point favorite with a 93.2% probability of winning. A terrible horrible dreadful rotten loss. Looking at the numbers it is easy to see why we lost. Looking at the +/-, Grimes and Vick had their typical rotten game from a standpoint of making the team better. What is not showing on this is that Vick and Grimes played together in that game 25.1 minutes. In that time, the Jayhawks were outscored by 11 points. That means that in the 14.9 minutes when they were not in together the Jayhawks outscored the Mountaineers by 10!! Playing those two together was a death sentence. In fact, on the season, they played together 42% of the minutes. In those minutes, the Jayhawks were outscored by 31 points. In the 58% of the minutes they were not together, the Jayhawks outscored the opponents by 215 points. You read that right. That is astounding. That combination was toxic for the Jayhawks. Now, to be fair, Dotson has had one ultra bad game this season and it was this game. But even when he was not putting up numbers, he was still benefiting the team with a good +/-. All the stats are below.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, porthawk, jaythawk1

• HawkErrant
More
5 years 1 month ago #21365 by HawkErrant
Yeah, I don’t bet on sports because of “any given Sunday” and because (in one of my few true superstitions)) I don’t want to jinx my team.

To the rest of your comment — the path to 15 is there as long as the team keeps winning. The WVU loss was a huge misstep, but it was not the only game they let slip away, and the team that did that is not the team we have seen in the last two weeks.

Can they have a magical weekend?

We’ve seen it in past seasons when we thought the streak was over, so it is possible. Any further loss, especially to TT or KSU, will almost certainly push the guys chances to near zero.

For me, I choose to accentuate the positive with the realization that this stripped to the bone team appears to be coalescing and peaking as the season’s end approaches.

The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, murphyslaw, newtonhawk

More
5 years 1 month ago #21366 by LSHawk
I’ll be satisfied if they just continue to play hard and proud (which usually converts to wins anyway).
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 1 month ago #21367 by newtonhawk
I think it is a positive that we are following up the away game at Lubbock with a home game on Monday night against the purples. If we have a dramatic win at Lubbock, hopefully the home crowd will be enough of a boost to keep the juices flowing for a dramatic win on Monday night, as well. If by chance we lose on Saturday, again, the home crowd is there 2 help with the energy, although energy should not be a question at this time of the year and with the conference race in the balance.

To me, this scenario is much better than having a home game on Saturday and having to play at someone else's place on Monday.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21368 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m keeping the faith. Last year my Albuquerque cousin and his Jayhawk wife were in da house in Lubbock. They have tickets for Saturday.

Rock Chalk, Baby!!!!