Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Groundhogs day

• big g
  • big g's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21337 by big g
I do love this board but there are two things every year that emerge as consistent and predictable threads. The first is “we have never had a team like this. They dont seem to want it. They cant play defense. Dont play as a team.” Invariably, at least over the last 14 years, they have emerged to win the big 12 at least and somewhere that theme disappears without any real acknowledgment that maybe we were wrong. The second most common complaint revolves around a certain player and why coach plays him so much, if at all. Most recent examples have been landon, malik and now quinton. In every case that i remember coach has been undeniably right in what he has chosen to do with those players, and again without much recognition from his critics after the fact. Now of course i understand this board is all about opinions and criticism but i do take pride in being part of a fan base that is more informed that usual and part of that insight should be confidence at some level in a coach who has almost always been right in his judgements around these matters. So as it relates to grimes here is my view. Either coach knows how this kid can play from recruiting him and this past summer (not to mention practices) and is sure he will win us some very important games as malik did down the stretch. Alternatively he is playiong the very long game and doesnt want to be seen giving up on a top ten recruit in the hopes of not losing a future top ten for that reason. I suspect the former in this case and happily go on record now predicting that grimes will win either the tech or kstate game for us. If so selfs investment of confidence in this kid will be paid back in multiples. And you can be sure that kids this age need this kind of confidence from a coach and self knows that. He not only plays him big minutes but has consistently called his number for a big shot. He has rarely delivered so far but am pretty sure he will at some point. Just one view of course...
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, gorillahawk, wardhawk, porthawk, DocBlues, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.