Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

AD Long supporting the student athletes_video

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21272 by newtonhawk
AD Long seems to be doing a great job of trying to connect with the student athletes. You gotta love his enthusiasm!

Postgame locker room @ TCU

From KUSports.com - Matt Tait
"Later in the week, on Wednesday afternoon, Long dropped by the KU swimming and diving practice to personally congratulate KU’s water warriors for setting a KU athletic department record with a 3.70 team GPA for the fall semester.

That mark, which broke the old record of 3.69 set by the women’s cross country team in 2016, helped deliver an even bigger athletic department GPA record of 3.11 by all of KU’s athletic teams for the fall semester.

Baseball, women’s basketball and women’s track and field joining women’s swimming and diving in setting team semester GPA records. And 12 of KU’s 16 team sports finished the fall 2018 semester with GPA’s above 3.0.

Several representatives of each team were honored during an on-court ceremony at Allen Fieldhouse last week, but the swimming and diving team was unable to attend.

So Long took the party to practice and made a memorable splash for everyone who was there."

Making a BIG SPLASH with the Ladies swim team to acknowledge their GPA accomplishment
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by newtonhawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, Wheatstate Gal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.