Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Troubling Article

• DrJHawker
  • DrJHawker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21259 by DrJHawker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

• replayloungehawk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21260 by replayloungehawk
What a load of crap. Seems like KU was screwed over. This is all getting outta hand. Honestly, it is what it is. If we vacate games, we do. Doesn't really change anything. Does anyone really believe Louisville isn't the champion from a few years ago. I say let the cards fall where they may and keep on moving on.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21262 by hairyhawk
This article makes it sound like we will be made the scapegoat. We are high enough profile for the NCAA to say they will punish anyone While at the same time they are willing to ignore what happened at UNC or the Zion Williamson information. It appears to me that the NCAA sees KU as high enough profile to raise eyebrows without being too high profile to affect the cash machine that basketball is for the NCAA.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by hairyhawk.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21263 by JoJoHawk
I agree with replay- I’ve read this same article by at least 3 separate writers in 3 different publications including Mellinger in KC Star within last week or two. Enough with the conjecture and speculation and constant rehashing of old info. I suggest a voluntary ban on this website of these types of threads! Let me know when something actually happens and let’s enjoy watching this team develop- I expect big things in March!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: replayloungehawk

More
5 years 2 months ago #21264 by Bayhawk
Word JoJo, word!!! :angry:

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
5 years 2 months ago #21268 by NotOstertag
The NCAA is playing dirty pool and I'd love to see KU take them to court over it.

Just to review:
> The NCAA demanded that KU identify Grassola as a booster before they'd consider Silvio's case. That's extortion.
> KU responded by saying that Grassola was "hypothetically" a booster, so they didn't really admit to anything.
> Based on the forced admission that the NCAA extorted from KU, the NCAA is now using that forced admission (that was clearly made under duress) to look at ramping up charges on the University.
> The NCAA has now thrown in the term "agent" out of thin air.

In law, it's my understanding that if an admission is made under duress (i.e. if the cops put a gun to your head and you suddenly admit to something) it's thrown out. How is this any different?

We'll probably get nailed, but in the end, after seeing how the NCAA operates, I really don't care.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, gorillahawk, porthawk, murphyslaw, DrJHawker, newtonhawk