Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Cutting this team some slack

• replayloungehawk
  • replayloungehawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #21147 by replayloungehawk
I’ve decided I am going to cut this team some slack. Saturday they started four freshman. They have lost two key starters and of late have been playing without Garrett. They faced the De Sousa situation. It’s been a really tough year but as always I’m proud to be a Hawk! I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, JayhawkChef, wardhawk, DocBlues, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 1 month ago #21148 by LSHawk
Amen!

More
5 years 1 month ago #21155 by NotOstertag
I think Vick's leave of absence has forced some guys to step up, and they did on Saturday. The question is whether they can continue. When you know that there's nobody coming off the bench to bail you out. It's also forced us to play Lightfoot and McCormack (and Moore). The pressure is on and these guy's are taking advantage of opportunities.

My take is that the team we had on Saturday, while inexperienced, is pretty good. Equally important, I think they're more energetic and motivated. I think once we get Garrett back, we'll be pretty solid, which is an accomplishment considering what we've dealt with.

I found myself on Saturday envisioning how good this team will be next year. Aside from Lawson, I don't think anybody is ready to go to the NBA, so we should have all of the guys from Saturday back, and I think Grimes will be much better next year.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw, Wheatstate Gal, newtonhawk

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #21157 by Wheatstate Gal
I’ve dared not “say” it, but I too have envisioned the future for this team.

But, I still keep my sunglasses handy....I do believe that the lightbulbs will flash and the lads will see “it.” All at once the game will slow down and there will be that ah HA moment.

I believe....

(I guess cranky has left the building.)
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Wheatstate Gal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, newtonhawk