Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

it would be nice if

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21118 by Riverhawk
Grimes would do SOMETHING...a rebound, an assist, a basket. it just blows my mind that this kid was supposed to be a one and done. Don't mean to be harsh, but it is frustrating watching him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, DrJHawker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21120 by CorpusJayhawk
WHat are you complaining about. He is 0-1 from the field with 1 rebound 2 TO’s and fouls. That is what you expect from a lottery pick (gag)

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

• Riverhawk
  • Riverhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21121 by Riverhawk
well, my bad. he did get a rebound. I must have blinked and missed it.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21124 by DrJHawker
Yes, I mentioned in another post that the top 150 Agbaji is playing the way I expected the top 10 Grimes to play and Grimes is playing the way I thought Agbaji would. It's really eye-opening on how deceiving high school rankings can be.

I've not given up on Grimes. I really think he can end up being a star at KU. The way he played in High School and at AAU Basketball, you know he has the potential. Something just hasn't connected yet. I have hopes. The same with McCormick. I also predict McCormick will be a star before he leaves Lawrence. Sometimes kids develop slowly at KU but if they stay teachable and trust the system, most end up having a great career.

On the opposite end of Quentin, what a pleasant surprise Ochai has been!

More
5 years 2 months ago #21125 by hairyhawk
I thought he looked better today. I know the stats say he didn't do a whole lot. The D1 college game is so much faster than the AAU and HS game. People adjust to that jump in game speed differently. There were several charge/block calls that went against him today that he was not too far off from being there. I also thought he passed the ball better today. He usually hit his team mates between the shoulders rather than making them work to catch the pass. I see progress. Hopefully the game will slow down for him and he will be able to shine. I know everyone else on this board hopes for that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, murphyslaw