Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Matt Tait on a "log jam" at the top

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21081 by newtonhawk
I am not sure I agree as to the actual wins and losses he is projecting, but the concept has some real possibilities moving forward.

See the article HERE.

It just points to the fact of taking care of business at home and stealing some on the road, which even Tait sees as a difficult task.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, JRhawk, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21083 by asteroid
Obviously, winning on the road has been a challenge for this Jayhawk team, but we have OU, OSU, TCU, and TTU left on the road, and the first three ought to winnable, assuming they play more like they did against Baylor than against West Virginia. Even the Tech game seems winnable, now that they've got the experience with the Red Raiders under their belt to bolster confidence. Hold serve at home, and we're looking at a 13-5 conference record.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murphyslaw, newtonhawk, jaythawk1

• newtonhawk
  • newtonhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21084 by newtonhawk
I can relate to your reasoning and like your optimism. Confidence will likely play a huge role going forward ... along with a lot of other things like ball security, crisp passing, running the offense. tenacious defense ... well ... the list seems long, but we have a more than capable coach and some talented and hopefully hungry players.

One of the things I appreciated seeing Tuesday night was Devon's reaction when he arrived at his seat on the bench after fouling out against the purples. He was down and hurting, which showed to me that he cared. We need more of that in a controlled manner, IMHO.