Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

What I hate to see

• murphyslaw
  • murphyslaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21030 by murphyslaw
is our point guard calling out a teammate on camera. I like Dotson but he makes his share of mistakes, so he has no business berating Mitch and then Moore, or anyone for that matter. That's Coach Self's job. Maybe my memory is faulty, but I cannot remember any of our great point guards, from Jacque through Mason and Graham, ever doing that. How can we have good chemistry with such behavior?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 2 months ago #21033 by CorpusJayhawk
What are you talking about Murph. I turned the TV off immediately after the ridiculous slam dunk (that was fortunately too late but classless nonetheless)

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!

More
5 years 2 months ago #21034 by LSHawk
I didn’t see that..,

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21040 by murphyslaw
Dotson was scrambling for the ball near the basket amidst several purplies. It was a tie ball that went to them, and Dotson yelled at Mitch for not blocking out. Later Dotson threw the ball where he thought Moore would be but Moore zigged when he should have zagged, I guess, and the ball went out of bounds. Dotson showed his displeasure about Moore not being there to catch the pass. Whether the objects of his anger were wrong or not, I didn't feel that he showed maturity or leadership for calling them out.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21043 by NotOstertag
I actually see that as a positive. Real leaders not only lead by example, but aren't afraid to get on others who aren't doing their job. If Dotson (or anybody) wants to take matters into their own hands and demand more of their peers, I'm ok with it. If it's a blame game, that's another story, but this team needs a fire lit under its collective butt and if a player is exhibiting that kind of fire, I'm ok.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant

More
5 years 2 months ago #21047 by sasnak
I also see it as a positive. Someone who will step up and bark a bit on the court. Bill has been looking for that in a PG. Dotson is going to be amazing and am looking forward to that journey.

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
5 years 2 months ago #21050 by AZhawk87
I saw a couple positives from him last night. First, getting on guys is fine, as long as it isn't blaming them for your mistake. I saw Devonte get on several guys last year, then bolster them when they did well.

I also saw Dotson very distraught on the bench after fouling out. Emotion in general has been lacking on the players' faces this year, so I appreciated how hard Dotson took this loss, after playing so hard the entire game.

He's growing into the leader we need him to be going forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, sasnak, newtonhawk

• murphyslaw
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 2 months ago #21056 by murphyslaw
Thanks all for giving me a more positive point of view!

More
5 years 2 months ago #21063 by Socalhawk
This is a good / great development. Yes, other leaders have done that and more. To date, this year, no one has been a flor leader. We need one immediately.
This is all good news.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21068 by LKF_HAWK
Dotson shows that he cares and he is going to be something else to watch. Barry Brown, seriously this was in response to what Greene did when you were a freshman. HCBS skewered Greene and apologized. Where is HCBW saying his guy shouldn’t have done it.. sour grapes, enjoy the well earned victory. Hope KU remembers this for the rematch.

More
5 years 2 months ago #21073 by Riverhawk
exactly on point with Brown. If he thought Greene was so classless to do what he did, why did he repeat it? Doesn't that make him just as classless?