Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

More random thoughts from a cluttered mind regarding this and the last game...

More
5 years 2 months ago #20990 by Kong
Graham's comments to the team obviously had an effect. Combine that with Self altering the offense moving Lawson out more to open the driving lanes, putting Moor more at the PG spot freed Dotson to shoot, etc.

The question is can this team play freely on the road. To date they have not shown that they can. Teams in the past enjoyed going on the road and shutting down the crowd. I don't see that with this team. The go on the road and play with very little enthusiasm.

Moore at the point allows the shooter in Dotson to come out. Dotson cannot, at this time, create his own shot. But he can take a pass from another and if open make it. That is partly why our assist rate was up last game. (I still think tracking the assists is important for a team like this that reverts to one on one play all to often)

Dotson will not be left as open at KSU. KSU is going to be rabid when we get there. They are prone to being pretty base and boorish of late and I think that they will smell blood when we come in as we are half a game back, playing poorly on the road, and looking very vulnerable. This team is young and needs to stay composed and playing freely or it will be a long night, just like WVU or worse.

Spread the floor, when they come out to guard Dotson, blow by the defense and have Lawson following the penetration for an easy dish or rebound.

And for heavens sake, get the dang rebounds fellas

Visualize Whirled Peas
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, Bayhawk, boulderhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.