Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Not my fault...

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #20654 by Kong
Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault. Not my fault.

Well as painful as that was to watch live, I have to admit to enjoying the game. It had been a long time since I had been to see KU play live and while the three and a half hour drive was tiring, we got there and had a good time. But before I get to the game thoughts, here is a few things to comment on. The WVU fans were very nice. We were taking the PRT (which I highly recommend). And were told where to go and how to use it by students and alum a like.

Some PRT information for you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgantown_Personal_Rapid_Transit

And we ate out at a really nice little place (a bit pricey for the area, but great cocktails and food) . You should make a reservation if you are in town. Tin 202 www.tin202.com

For the game day observations. The crowd was up for it, but it was probably 25% empty. The students were in good form and the college atmosphere was great. For some reason, that no one could explain to me, the booed Vick every time he touched the ball. Typical of any fan base, they felt we were pushing off, over the back, grabbing, etc. Ignoring those same violations from their players.

Several things stood out. We were in many ways better players and athletes, but they took us out of our game plan and exploited our defense (specially in the first half). Back door cuts were obvious and well executed. We committed a lot of silly turnovers. Vick tried to play hero ball at the end and Self not calling a time out, probably cost us the game. But truly it was lost much earlier.

We played poorly and at times looked like we didn't want to put any effort in to the game. They on the other hand were without their best player, had injuries and players in the dog house and still seemed to find the energy to muscle us out of position.

A couple of plays had me believing in KU pulling it out, Garrets steal, for example, provided some life. Agbaji's ripping the ball away from WVU was another. However the turnovers were often and mostly silly.

I still don't think that we fouled the three point shooter towards the end ((Bolden?), but I admit to not having the best seat.

Dotson - There is something about his drives that has been bothering me for a while, I just couldn't place it until Saturday. When he drives to the lane, he picks up his dribble and cradles it like a football. I think that makes it impossible for him to dish it off to anyone as it is on his hip in his arm, not his hand. Several jump balls seemed to be made by WVU reaching in on those drives.

Overall it was a bad game that allowed a poor team to storm the court at our expense. But nothing, I mean NOTHING, beats a college game.

Visualize Whirled Peas
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Kong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant, hairyhawk, Bayhawk, gorillahawk, boulderhawk, jayhawk969, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.