Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

My Take

• JoJoHawk
  • JoJoHawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20651 by JoJoHawk
I have been deliberately absent from posting so far this year. Just a hard time connecting with this particular team- probably because DL so passive in appearance and Vick drives me crazy. The frosh guards are, so far, less than inspiring. The team has played and, evidently practiced, poorly all season. Where’s the Jayhawk pride? Well, I’ve found my guy. Marcus Garrett is the MAN. He may be the Jarrod Haas of the Bill Self era, albeit minus the outside shot. I think he is a superior defender compared to Relaford due to being able to defend the 5. Mostly he plays hard- like we’ve come to expect of our Jayhawks. I also think that there is another talented and prideful player who is chomping at the bit to get into the action and that is Silvio. Just think, this kid worked to qualify early last season to help us in our time of need and this year has not bolted to Europe or wherever. He evidently stood up to his “handlers” influence and advice and went with his heart in choosing to come to KU. He showed us last year that he can be a presence in the paint and will play hard.

My hope is that Silvio gets approved this week (after allowing the NCAA a little distance from last weeks public outcry) and gets into the rotation. Hopefully he could eventually start at the 5 and move DL to the 4. Rotate both with KJ, Mitch and David. Keep Garrett on the floor as much as possible and work a rotation of Q, Dotson, Agbaji, Vick and Moore at the other 2 guard spots. That would be a lineup that I feel could get the team back to nationally competitive by March!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.