Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Weirded out by the Change between Last Year and This

• hairyhawk
  • hairyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20450 by hairyhawk
Last year we were such a lethal team from 3 it was amazing. This year we get to realize how fortunate we were to have such good shooters. This team will need to win with exceptional defense. Last year we could outscore teams but this year we need to really make it tough for them to score because it is tough for us to score.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 months ago #20453 by NotOstertag
Yeah, it's bizarre, and I have no idea if we can fix it. Seems to me like there are 3 types of 3 point shooting teams:

1.) Teams with snipers: we've had that recently. Svi, fit that mold. If he got an open 3, you could pretty much count it.
2.) Fool's gold teams: we've had those too...where you're streaky. Hot one game, not in the next. Not predictable. Fun when they're falling, but so crushing when they're not.
3.) This team. Let's face it, aside from Vick's early hot hand (which has apparently cooled, frozen, and morphed into a turnover making machine) we flat out stink.

In a bizarre way there's some comfort in it. We KNOW we stink, so it's not a good option to shoot a 3. Obviously we'd like to have #1 as an option, but the mid-point of being a fool's gold team isn't too appealing.

So what do you think? Which is better?
a.) being bad at 3's
b.) being unpredictable and unreliable with them

I could make a case for "a".

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: porthawk

More
5 years 3 months ago #20463 by KMT
"a" for me, with a caveat that our 3-pt D is solid.