Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

FWIW, Abaji Dominates Plus-Minus

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20446 by CorpusJayhawk

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #20447 by hairyhawk
That is what I thought I saw yesterday. Something to remember is TCU had film on all the other guys showing strengths and weaknesses. I thought OA looked really good and seemed in the flow as they handed defensive assignments off. I want to give a bit of praise to D Lawson. 31 points on 19 shots, mostly in the paint, on a team without anyone who can stretch the defense is pretty impressive. I know he shot 4 3 pointers but that accounts for only 6 of his 31 points.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by hairyhawk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk

• HawkErrant
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 months ago #20451 by HawkErrant
The talking heads mentioned that coming into last night’s game TCU was 5th — FIFTH — out of the 300+ Division I teams in Assist to Turnover ratio.

I checked tonight, and before last night’s game the TCU A:TO was 1.65.

Whether it was simply being in the Phog (a factor, sure, but unlikely the only one) or a testament to the KU defensive effort, it is worth noting that TCU had just 12 assists to 20 turnovers, of which 10 were KU steals.

As a result, from thru Game 13 to thru Game 14 the TCU A:TO dropped from 1.65 to 1.5.

Sure, there were some miscommunications by the Horned Frogs (perhaps the Phog Phans assisted there), but the rest of those TCU TOs were due to the KU defense.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: gorillahawk, replayloungehawk

More
5 years 3 months ago #20454 by NotOstertag
Thanks Corpus.

Your numbers reflect what my eyeballs were telling me. Abaji was very efficient and made few mistakes. He certainly made the most out of his minutes.

Having said that, and echoing others, there was no tape of him playing for TCU to scout. If he continues playing (and playing well) the scouting report against him will get better.

Nevertheless, confidence is a good thing, and any "self doubt" he may have had floating around most certainly evaporated quickly.

"When I was a freshman, I remember Coach Naismith telling us how important it was to play good defense." - Mitch Lightfoot
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayhawk969

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #20457 by Wheatstate Gal
I’m hoping Q loses his self-doubt SOON!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HawkErrant