Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Medcalf: "Don't do this America."

• HawkErrant
  • HawkErrant's Avatar Topic Author
  • b82, g84 Lift the chorus...
More
5 years 3 months ago #20424 by HawkErrant
ESPN-Myron Metcalf: Amid the drama, know this: Don't believe that Kansas' streak will end

"I am the former chairman of the "KU's Streak Will End This Season" club. And every season I spent in that role, I was eventually proved wrong."...

"I can't remember the last time the Jayhawks looked this vulnerable...
Oh wait -- yes I can: last year, when they were 8-4 after 12 games in conference play.
Or was it when they were 5-3 after eight games in 2015-16?
Or maybe it was when Kansas had an 11-4 record with three Big 12 games to play and Buddy Hield's Oklahoma squad coming for their crown?

In every aforementioned case, the streak continued.

They. Have. Won. Every. Big. 12. Title. Since. The. 2004-05. Season."

Myron Medcalf actually providing a nice write up -- and a voice of sanity -- on KU for a change.

So I ask you -- is that a bad omen or what?!? :whistle:

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain "Innocents Abroad"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bayhawk, murphyslaw, KMT, Wheatstate Gal, replayloungehawk, newtonhawk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.