Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Coaching

• Senex68
  • Senex68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1144 by Senex68
I've never liked Drew, but I really couldn't pin down the reason why until today. His often a jerk, and I've never heard anything positive about his recruiting approach, but at the end of the day, he's simply not a very good coach. I cannot recall more than one or two times in today's game when his guards actually ran a 'play.' On virtually every possession it was one on one. They can rebound, and I guess letting their guards penetrate and shoot is their primary game plan. Compared to KU, Baylor looked like a pick up team, albeit a very tall and long one. They have talented kids, but Drew has created a black hole program, in my opinion. And against us, when we are loose and have our heads on straight, they can not prevail. I'm really starting to like this team, and I have to admit that whatever Self did to turn Greene around, he ought to brand it and sell it. Greene is simply not the same player I've been watching for over 2 years.

Overall, a very satisfying win. I'm feeling good about Monday too.

"When you have a ruling class that doesn’t believe in — or even much like — the fundamental values of the nations it rules, things tend to work out poorly.”

Glenn Reynolds

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 3 months ago #1145 by Bayhawk
So true! And I loved the "out of the gates" early lead and domination. Will this finally be our "neck stepping" team?

RCJHGKU!

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 3 months ago #1152 by mtnMan
KU certainly pounced early but I'm not sure it is a "neck stepping" team when they let Baylor creep back to 12 several times. It was when Baylor finally gave up at about 4 mins and our "reserves" (starting team for many D1 schools) pushed out the lead again. A great day in AFH. And OU is getting a workout from Iowa St. Can't wait for Monday!

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #1159 by Wheatstate Gal
MtnMan....

Like the avatar......
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtnMan

More
8 years 3 months ago #1170 by Hawknmo
Also not convinced this is the "neck steppers" team we so often pine for but they do seem to have an ability to start strong. How many teams(even some of the true great ones) seem to have to make great comebacks because the opposition came out on fire? True, they have also shown the propensity to allow teams to creep back on them, but I really like the trend of getting out to a lead.

I did not get to see the game yet, but the highlights look pretty good. The box score also tells a nice story. Gaithers might be a rebounding machine but if you make over 50% FGs there aren't many rebounds to get. Not one KU player missed more than 1 FT? Thats darn good focus. 8/2 A/TO for our starting guards? Not sure it gets much better. Did I see a slam from Ellis? As Oliver Twist said "more please".

Hard to watch or in my case look at the numbers from this game and not feel good about Monday. I'm not guaranteeing a W but it has to increase your confidence quite a bit.

RKCKJHK!!!

RKCKJHK!!!