Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

KU a 4th quarter team - this must change

• CorpusJayhawk
  • CorpusJayhawk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #19995 by CorpusJayhawk
The graph below is the cumulative average score margin at each minute of the game. In the first half of games we have outscored our opponents by 0.5 points. Then we open the 2nd half and play like crap and at the first TV timeout at 16 minutes, we are actually trailing our opponents on average for the season by 0.25 points. Then we shift into 2nd and start to gradually pull away. Then, after the 9 minute mark in the game we shift into 3rd and even 4th gear and dominate. Why we wait until 9 minutes to go in the game to play to our potential is a mystery. Maybe we tire our opponent. Why can't we play 40 minutes? in the 15 minutes spanning the last 11 minutes of the 1st half and the 1st 4 minutes of the 2nd half, we have been outscored by our opponents by 2.75 points per game on average.

Don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: hairyhawk, porthawk, KMT, jaythawk1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.